Treating Severe Tooth Wear
A fantastic course on the treatment of severe tooth wear using resin composite restorations.
Run over two days, the course is very intensive with significant hands on training.
By the end of this course, you will be trained in the management of severe localised, generalised, anterior and posterior tooth wear.
ONLY 10 spaces available
Where and When?
Location : GC, 16-23 Coopers Court, Newport Pagnell, MK16 8JS
Date : 21st and 22nd August 2020
Time : 9am- 5pm
- 14 hours verifiable CPD
- Free lunch on both days
- Free social event with dinner on the first day
- All course materials provided
Great networking opportunity
If you can answer YES to any one of these questions, this course is for you
- Are you a general dentist with an interest in prosthodontics, occlusion and tooth wear?
- Have you been on hands on composite courses but would like to take this skill much further?
- Do you have patients who suffer from tooth wear and you are not confident in their management?
- Do you refer tooth wear patients for secondary care and wish you could manage them instead?
- Do you wish you could offer treatment options for tooth wear in your surgery?
- Would you like to offer more minimally invasive dentistry to your patients?
- Do you want to carry out more complex, rewarding and exciting dentistry?
- Do you want to build up your skill set within your surgery?
If any of these apply to you, then this course will guide you through a step by step process on the management of tooth wear. Included is localised and generalised wear and the treatment with direct and indirect resin composite. There are guided hands on sessions throughout both days to help you transfer your new skills into practice. There is also extensive training on case selection with examples.
Professor Marleen Peumans was born on November 10, 1964, in Belgium. She obtained her degree in Dentistry in 1987 at the Catholic University of Leuven. Thereafter, she followed a 4-year post-graduate program at the Department of Operative Dentistry. She applied herself especially to the clinical use and the performance of anterior and posterior resin composites, bonded ceramic restorations, fibre-reinforced composite restorations and bleaching. She took part in numerous clinical studies concerning dentine adhesives, posterior composites, and ceramic veneers/inlays/onlays. In 1997 she obtained the degree of Doctor in Medical Sciences. From 2004 she became Professor at the Catholic University of Leuven. She has several national and international publications on her name concerning clinical performance of adhesive restorations and bleaching. She is a member of the Bio-Emulation team.
- Introduction to tooth wear & the severity of the problem including assessment, diagnosis & classification.
- Treatment planning- when to actively intervene.
- Active treatment
- Active intervention (for anterior, posterior, localised and generalised tooth wear)
- Pre- operative planning using the diagnostic wax up
- Factors to consider when planning management
- Dahl phenomenon and its application
- Restorative materials and techniques used to treat tooth wear.
- Advice on choosing restorative materials and techniques.
- Free hand modelling
- Use of the transparent silicone key
- Finishing and polishing
- Monitoring and follow up
- Detailed discussion and hands on training on the management of anterior, posterior, localised and generalised tooth wear.
- Adhesive versus conventional management options
Suggestions for accommodation coming soon.
There are only 10 spaces available, this course will sell out.