At Midlands Dental Academy, we understand how difficult it can be to choose a conference provider.
To help you decide, we have compiled a list of 8 essential features a dental conference should consist of:
Organiser– Is the provider an individual or organisation?
- An organisation such as Midlands Dental Academy will work together as a team to provide you with the most comfortable and inspiring learning environment.
Topic/ focus– Ask yourself the following:
- Will it improve my patient care?
- Will I learn something new?
- It is important?
- Will I find it interesting?
- To what depth are the learning objectives covered?
Great speakers- Ask yourself the following:
- Who do you want to learn from?
- Do you want to learn from world leaders in their profession, who have a reputation for giving great presentations?
- Ensure that the agenda is not filled entirely with sponsor executives, but with a balance with speakers you really want to meet and learn from.
- Midlands Dental Academy request only the leaders in their profession to provide informative, clinically orientated and meaningful presentations.
Number of hours of CPD-
- For a full day conference, expect between 7 and 8 hours of CPD
- Who else will be there? Is it a new group of people?
- Will I re-connect with people I already know?
- How many people will be there?
- The location of the conference should be in close proximity to the city’s train station.
- The Midlands is perfectly located given its central location in England, easy to get to by car, train and air travel.
- The venue itself should be warm, comfortable and inviting.
- Midlands Dental Academy select only the highest quality venues. For upcoming events, a Grade II listed, 4 star hotel in Leicester has been selected
- The venue is 1.8 miles from Leicester train station. There is a large main hall, with several break out rooms for added comfort to the delegates.
- Overnight accommodation can be provided at a significantly discounted rate with Midlands Dental Academy hotel code.
- Midlands Dental Academy provide excellent networking opportunities given the mix of attendees they attract.
- The layout of the venue encourages social interaction, making it easy to meet people.
- A full day conference should be conveniently and competitively priced.